Thursday, June 28, 2012

For us, Debbie was the perfect storm.
 
 Here in the sanctuary, the winds were gentle, the rains lavish and sustained, with enough breaks between downpours to allow the land to absorb.  No trees lost.
 Cpyress Pond, full for the first time in recent memory. at least 7 years.
 Our creek, flowing, even singing, on its way to the Santa Fe River.

 Beyond this point it got a little too dank.
 Camille can never resist a good swamp.
 The homeplace,  looking a little messy, I know, but all living beings here very happy.
 A flower I never learned the name of.
The pride of this years kitchen garden.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! I have to say, I'm simply inspired by creeks and river ecosystems. Always so relaxing. New-agey as it sounds, I feel like they help wash my stress away. [Laughs Out Loud]

    --- Ashkuff | http://ashkuff.com | Bored with reading about others' adventures? Burning to venture out yourself? Let this applied anthropologist remind you how!

    ReplyDelete